Historical information about our experience and involvement in art-related projects includes the planning and installation of Public Art. Working with local artists has taken me into sensitive and rewarding areas regarding public approval, public safety, and project longevity in the environment.
The development of these projects can be characterized by initial involvement in the design process to develop a realistic budget that met all agency requirements. Final design included interaction with the artist, engineers, and subcontractors to ensure each project remained within the time and budget provided by the acting agency. Responsibilities included overseeing and scheduling of all contractors to work within the constraints of the local police departments, traffic control, and any other agencies that had jurisdiction within the project.
- 1992 Los Angeles County Transit Authority (Blue Line Trolley, Public Art at the L.A. Center Station – “Time and Presence”
- 1994 City of San Diego’s Pacific Beach Lifeguard Tower – “Terrific Pacific”
- 2004 The Port of San Diego – “Wind Oars”
- 2007 San Diego Natural History Museum – “Megalodon Shark”
- 2012 Alto Fish ID Panels – La Jolla Shores Park